Notes for Applicants
The Imre Kertész Kolleg Jena offers fellowships for a duration of three to twelve months. Applications are invited from both historians and from scholars in neighbouring fields.
Please note the following information before you apply:
Fellows are expected to reside in Jena for the duration of their fellowship.
- Applicants must hold the PhD (applicants for Junior Fellowships must have submitted their doctoral thesis).
- Applicants should propose a research project within the thematic range of the Imre Kertész Kolleg (focus on the twentieth century and on Central, Eastern or Southeastern Europe, or on Russia and Ukraine in a larger European context).
- Applications from neighbouring disciplines are encouraged.
2. Applications must include
- a curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications,
- a project proposal (max. 5 pages); see below for further details,
- a statement on the relevance of the research project to the Kolleg’s research profile (max. 2 pages).
3. The Project Proposal should cover
- central questions and methodological approach,
- relevance with regard to existing scholarship,
- research and preparation conducted so far,
- desired term of the fellowship and planned work schedule,
- intended form of publication (article, monograph, etc.).