Notes for Applicants
The Imre Kertész Kolleg Jena offers long-term Fellowships of up to twelve months and short-term Fellowships from one to three months. Applications are invited from historians and from scholars in neighbouring fields.
In general, long-term Fellowships commence in October or April. Please note the following information before you apply:
Fellows are expected to reside in Jena for the duration of their Fellowship.
- Applicants must hold a PhD (Applicants for Junior Fellowships must have submitted their doctoral thesis)
- Applicants should propose a research project within the thematic range of the Imre Kertész Kolleg (focus on the 20th Century and on Central Eastern or Southeastern Europe)
- Applications from neighbouring disciplines are encouraged.
- Long-term fellowships are publically advertised.
- Long-term fellowships normally start in October or April; individual arrangements are subject to negotiatio.
- Short-term fellowships can be negotiated individually.
3. Applications must include
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Project Proposal (max. 7 pages). See below for further details.
4. Project Proposal
- Central questions and methodological approach
- Relevance in view of state of research
- Place within the research programme of the Kolleg
- Pre-studies realised so far
- Work schedule for stay in Jena
- Planned form of publication (article, monograph, etc.)